Get ready for the future with the new IOGEAR USB Smart Card Access Reader. Smart Card readers are used as a communications medium between the smart card and a host (e.g. a computer, a point-of-sale terminal). A Smart Card is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the smart card) with something only the user should know (a PIN), this provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
- Speed: 825kbps
- Portable design
- USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
- Designed for use with CAC software**
- ISO7816 implementation - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved and support 3V and 5V cards
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols
- FIPS-201 Compliant: Meets US Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201*
- Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.