- Tolerates temperatures ranging from -30 to +185° F (-40 to +85° C).
- Designed to withstand both shock and vibration.
- Boasts 2-kV triple isolation for safeguarding data and equipment.
- Supports fiber ring communications with 31 other units.
- Data rates up to 115.2 kbps.
- DIN rail mountable with an optional adapter.
Our premium Industrial Opto-Isolated Serial to Fiber Multimode ST Converter is the ideal choice if you need reliable serial data extensions in heavy-industry areas.
Meets stringent IEC and IEEE specs.
Encased in an IP30-rated enclosure, the converter's been put through some of the most exacting tests in the industry. The high-grade converter meets the requirements of two standards that make it suitable for electrical substation installations - IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 - specifications that are more stringent than NEMA TS1/TS2 requirements for transportation applications.
Plus, as a fiber-based conversion and extension device, it's inherently immune to electromagnetic and radio-frequency interference (EMI/RFI) as it uses the optical cable to extend RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 serial data as far as 2 kilometers (1.2 m.).
Three levels of isolation.
The Industrial Opto-Isolated Serial to Fiber Multimode ST Converter provides powerful isolation. Featuring 2-kV triple isolation, the device protects equipment as well as data from damaging surges and ground loops. With isolation on the converter's power supply circuits, you're given a third degree of protection for your expensive components.
This level of protection helps prevent rogue currents from disrupting important data communications, such as those in the factory, engineering, military, defense industry, or utility applications.
By isolating voltage anomalies, you stand a much better chance of preventing a surge from shutting down an assembly line - or your entire plant.
Use in point-to-point or multipoint applications.
You'll need two units for a standard point-to-point application. But you can also easily set up a multidrop configuration so one serial device talks to multiple slave devices around a fiber ring.
Used in a fiber ring type of application, one Industrial Opto-Isolated Serial to Fiber Multimode ST Converter can communicate with up to 31 other converters in a ring.
The converter has a removable terminal block for both RS-422/RS-485 and power connections, and it supports serial Modbus® connections for both ASCII or RTU (remote terminal unit) formats.
Simple to configure and set up.
DIP switches enable you to configure the converter for a multidrop or point-to-point operation, and a serial mode switch enables you to choose RS-232 or RS-422/RS-485 modes.
For additional ease of setup, bit-wise enabled circuitry detects the data rate automatically without you having to set a DIP switch. An automatic send data control feature enables an RS-485 serial port to be used in Windows® applications where you have no control over the handshake lines.
In addition, the Industrial Opto-Isolated Serial to Fiber Multimode ST Converter has built-in switchable bias resistors (1.2 kilohms) on transmit and receive ports, as well as switchable termination (120 ohms).
- A heavy-duty, industrial-strength serial-to-fiber converter
- Converts serial signals for multimode fiber transmission up to 2 kilometers (1.2 mi.)
- Rugged, IP30-rated metal case for panel mounting.
- Tolerates temperatures ranging from -30 to +185� F (-40 to +85� C).
- Designed to withstand both shock and vibration
- Boasts 2-kV triple isolation for safeguarding data and equipment
- Supports fiber ring communications with 31 other units