This Pre-Polished Fiber Optic Connector can save technicians a ton of time in the field. These connectors are so easy to install, you can do it in a minute! There's no hand polishing. No epoxy!
Proven mechanical splice technology ensures precise fiber alignment. A factory pre-cleaved, factory-polished ferrule couples to the fiber being terminated with precise mechanical alignment. A proprietary index-matching gel ensures a low loss termination to a 50-micron OM3 multimode optical fiber cable. There are no expensive tools, no messy epoxy needed.
A factory-installed wedge clip holds the clamping device open while the fiber is inserted. This clip also enables the use of a Visible Fault Identifier (VFI) to provide a "pass/fail" signal once physical contact is achieved. The connector is compatible with 250-um and 900-um optical fibers, as well as 900-um cable. 900-um boot is provided with each connector.
This connector is also available in ST and LC versions and for 50-micron and 62.5-micron multimode, as well as single-mode fiber. Connectors for each fiber type are color-coded to industry standard requirements to help with identification during and after installation.
- Pre-polished ferrules for fast connections in the field.
- Easy assembly with no need for epoxy.
- Optical multimode 3 (OM3) compliant for 10-Gigabit Ethernet support.
- Fiber can be reseated.
- Factory polishing eliminates loss concerns.
- Meets TIA/EIA 568A performance requirements and TIA/EIA 604 (focis) connector interface specifications.