Black Box QSFP28 Active Optical Cables provide premium, error-free performance for data, storage, and high-performance computing (HPC) interconnectivity. 100% compatible to Cisco QSFP-100G-AOC3M= and other lengths, you can rest assured when making connections amongst your Cisco switches, routers, and servers. Constructed for full compliance with the QSFP28 Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), SFF-8636, and SFF-8665 industry standards, you can also make connections amongst your non-Cisco, non-proprietary 100Gb networking equipment. Programmed, tested and serialized to ensure compliance and functionality, Black Box Active Optical Cables are the ideal solution for 100Gb Ethernet, Infiniband (4xEDR, 4xFDR, 4xQDR), 4G/8G/16G/32G Fiber Channel applications and more.
Ultra-Thin and Light Design Ideal for High-Density, High-Bandwidth Applications
Active Optical Cables are an ultra-thin and light solution, making them perfect for use in today's increasingly high-density applications, where they take up less space and put less stress on equipment. The increase in space leads to increased airflow, saving you money on cooling overheated equipment. Also, optical technology provides significantly higher bandwidth than direct attach copper, allowing for ultra-fast data transmission at long distances while copper DAC solutions start to experience excessive bit error rates over 5m.
All-in-One Solution Makes for Simple Connections with Low Latency
With an all-in-one, hot-swappable cable design, active optical cables provide you with an easy to connect solution that doesn't require purchasing multiple transceivers and cabling. The lack of additional connection points also means lower latency, so you can be confident of your data integrity. Hot-swappability makes upgrades and equipment replacements a breeze, minimizing downtime to your network connectivity. In addition, AOC's provide a low power solution (less than 2.5W) that is essential in today's high data rate applications.
Minimal EMI Profile
Active Optical Cables (AOC) feature a minimal EMI/RFI profile due to their fiber optic construction. This superior resistance to EMI/RFI ensures data integrity, which is essential in today's ultra-high density applications that cannot tolerate any signal downtime or interruption. And as security concerns continue to grow, fiber is well suited to preventing tapping of your data.
- 100% Compatible to Cisco QSFP-100G-AOC3M= and other lengths.
- QSFP28 Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), SFF-8636, and SFF-8665 compliant.
- 100GBase-AOC 100Gbps Direct Attach Cable.
- Utilizes VCSEL technology over 850nm multimode fiber for optimal performance.
- Ultra-thin and light optical cabling ideal for high-density networking applications.
- Low power usage (less than 2.5W) is extremely valuable in high data rate applications.
- Perfect for point-to-point, intra-rack, and rack-to-rack connections of 100Gb equipment.
- Ideal solution for 100Gb Ethernet, Infiniband (4xEDR, 4xFDR, 4xQDR), 4G/8G/16G/32G Fiber Channel applications, and more.
- Lifetime Warranty