Locate cable runs and test for continuity and voltage.
- The large LCD screen displays advertise speed, duplex, and wiring pairs of network devices; PoE information (voltage, pairs used, power draw); and voltage and pairs used by phones.
- Can be installed inline with PoE devices to monitor power draw of active devices.
- Port beacon mode for port detection.
- Works on both Ethernet and telco cabling.
- Can be used to simulate a PoE device.
- Also locates phones, faxes, modems, and PBXs.
- Displays advertised and negotiated speeds, duplex, and location on cable.
- Locates active network devices, including VoIP phones, IP cameras, access points, switches, and NIC cards.
- Turn on the port beacon feature to locate network ports.
- Connections can be made to RJ-11 and RJ-45 jacks, to any wire pair using alligator clips, or to coax cables using the included adapter.
- Tests for shorts in the cable and the presence of voltage.
- The Power Panel also acts as a tone generator and can be used along with the included probe to locate cable runs. The probe includes an ultra-bright LED tip, volume control, voltage indicator, and filtered circuitry to eliminate fluorescent hum.