The C240 M5 server includes a dedicated internal modular LAN on motherboard (mLOM) slot for installation of a Cisco Virtual Interface Card (VIC) or third-party network interface card (NIC), without consuming a PCI slot, in addition to 2 x 10Gbase-T Intel x550 embedded (on the motherboard) LOM ports.
The Cisco UCS C240 M5 server can be used standalone, or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System, which unifies computing, networking, management, virtualization, and storage access into a single integrated architecture enabling end-to-end server visibility, management, and control in both bare metal and virtualized environments.
- Perform computational tasks effectively accrediting the Xeon Platinum processor
- DDR4 SDRAM compatible slot - Install memory that synchronizes electrical and clock signals for an efficient data throughput
- Gigabit Ethernet is very resourceful when a large number of file transfers are required, such as when performing backups over a network
- Provides 2 USB ports for responsive and expanded device connections
- 12Gb/s SAS interface for high speed and reliability