- Helps you make an intelligent investment decision regarding the future of your equipment
- Phone Support service included to resolve your problems
- Get valuable support at your doorstep without traveling one bit
This Return Policy only applies to products that are listed on the americantechdepot.com website or American Tech Depot mobile application (collectively, referred to as the “Site”), as “Sold and Shipped by American Tech Depot”.
Overall Return Guidelines
These are American Tech Depot's Overall Return Guidelines. All returns must meet the overall guidelines in order for the individual return policy to apply.
- All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- You may request an RMA number by contacting your product specialist directly. You may also visit the Contact Page and in the body of the message include the order number and product you'd like to return.
- Most products that are new and unopened can be returned to American Tech Depot within 30 days.
- Products that are received by American Tech Depot in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected:
- Any product not purchased from American Tech Depot.
- Any product that does not exhibit the described reason for the return (i.e., a return initiated for a non functional product that powers on and works properly upon inspection).
- Any product with a missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label, and/or warranty label.
- Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product.
- Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging.
- Any product that exhibits physical damage.
- Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate.
- Any product which appears tampered, customized or altered in any way.
- Any product that is returned with markings or writing made by the customer on the original box.
Restocking Fees and Return Shipping Costs
Returns are subject to restocking fees of 15% – 20% of the purchase price and return shipping fees. American Tech Depot may assess the restocking fee against the customer’s account or deduct the fee from the refund amount on all returns, subject to the Return Policy and any product-specific policy. American Tech Depot reserves the right to adjust the value of any item returned for refund to reflect its current market price, in which case the restocking fee will be applied after this adjustment.
For products that are eligible for return for replacement, the return shipping labels are free for returns for replacement of the same item within the applicable return policy period. American Tech Depot does NOT charge for restocking fees or return shipping labels for returns of defective products, or if you received the wrong product, the product did not match what was shown on the Site, or we made some other shipping error, provided the item is returned within its return policy period, and in accordance with the Return Policy. For returns of unopened items that are returned in the original condition as shipped within its return policy period, and in accordance with the Return Policy, American Tech Depot does NOT charge for restocking fees, but customers are responsible for any return shipping costs. In the event a product is returned that is not defective or an incorrect product or where the product does match what was shown on the Site, the product will either be returned to the customer or the return shipping cost initially covered by American Tech Depot will instead be deducted from the refund amount along with any necessary restocking fee that may apply.
Individual Return Policies
- Request a return for refund within: 30 days
- Request a return for replacement within: 30 days
This is our Standard Return Policy. For items covered by this policy (those products for which American Tech Depot states “This item is covered by American Tech Depot's Standard Return Policy”), you must request a return within 30 days from the invoice date for this policy to apply.
Please review the notes specific to your product:
- Desktop PC, Notebooks, or Tablet PCs:
- A defective Desktop PC, Notebook, or Tablet PC that is returned for a replacement may be repaired or replaced at American Tech Depot's sole discretion, unless otherwise required by law. While we strive to adhere to our own standard RMA processing times, we cannot guarantee that these times will be met, especially in situations where the item must be sent to the manufacturer for repair. If you have a question regarding returning a Desktop PC, Notebook, or Tablet PC, please contact our customer service Department.
- Some computer systems will require pre-authorization from the manufacturer technical support in order for an RMA to American Tech Depot to be authorized.
- For computers that have had an additional operating system(s) installed, we will provide you a replacement or refund as noted in the above policy as long as the original operating system is not corrupted or removed.
- For televisions with a screen size greater than 30 inches: An adult (age 18 or older) is required to sign the shipping courier’s release form to complete delivery. It is highly recommended that you inspect the product upon delivery for visible damage. Large item shipments require that shipping damage is reported within 48 HOURS of the product’s delivery. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any damage reported more than 48 HOURS after the product delivery will not be accepted by American Tech Depot for replacement or refund. After delivery, please read all included documentation and/or contact the manufacturer directly to determine applicable warranty coverage, if any.
- Request a return for replacement within: 30 days
This is our Replacement Only Return Policy. For items covered by this policy (those products for which American Tech Depot states “This item is covered by American Tech Depot's Replacement Only Return Policy”), you must request a return for replacement within 30 days from the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. If the original item is no longer available, a refund in the amount of the price originally paid will be issued. Products subject to this policy cannot be returned for a refund.
This is our Manufacturer Only Return Policy. Items covered by this policy cannot be returned to American Tech Depot. These items are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. For information about the manufacturer’s warranty, please refer to the terms and conditions for the manufacturer’s warranty or contact the manufacturer.
This is our Consumable Product Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which American Tech Depot states “This item is covered by American Tech Depot's Consumable Product Return Policy”) cannot be returned to American Tech Depot. Consumable products may include, but are not limited to, Printer Ink, Toner Cartridges, CD/DVD Media, Retail Packaged Software, Downloadable Software, Digital Downloads, Paper Products, and etc. that are consumed once they are used. In addition, all headphones, microphones, and speakers must be returned directly through the manufacturer.
Retail Packaged Software, Downloadable Software and Digital Downloads
Software may require you to use a computer or other device meeting minimum system requirements, and you are responsible for ensuring that your computer or device meets software system requirements prior to purchase. Generally, software system requirements are available on or from product detail pages. Once you have purchased Retail Packaged Software, Downloadable Software and/or Digital Downloads, we encourage you to install or download it, if applicable, and to access it promptly to ensure that you have received it.
Face masks products cannot be returned for any reason.
- Request a full refund within: 30 days
- For requests for refunds after 30 days, you may receive a partial refund. A prorated refund may be provided by the warranty provider.
Product-Specific Return Information
Bundles are offered to American Tech Depot shoppers as a way to purchase multiple items together at a discounted price. If you wish to return a Bundle for a refund, you must request a return within the applicable American Tech Depot Return Policy period and you must return the ENTIRE BUNDLE. Items sold as part of a Bundle may be returned individually for replacement if you request a replacement within the applicable American Tech Depot Return Policy period for that individual item.
Manufacturer Promotional Items and American Tech Depot Gifts
Manufacturers may offer free promotional items with their products. To receive a full refund on a purchase that includes promotional items, all items must be returned. The cost of any promotional items not returned will be deducted from the refund total.
American Tech Depot may also offer gifts to valued customers for their continued support as well as for special giveaways. These gifts are not part of any purchase value and therefore do not have to be returned.
Prepaid card, gift packaging and Memberships
Purchases for prepaid cards, gift packaging and memberships are not eligible for return.
Special Order Products
Special order products are not eligible for return.
While American Tech Depot is more than happy to fill your order for a quantity of ten (10) or more of any given item in our inventory on a single purchase order, please understand that an order of that size, once purchase is completed, is automatically non-refundable. All other specific conditions related to the ordered item still apply, including any and all stipulations relative to any available replacement return policies. Please contact our customer service department with any questions you may have.
Additional Return Information
Refunds will be credited back to your original payment method. If the original payment method is no longer available, American Tech Depot will mail you a check to the billing address listed on your account.
For returns for refunds for items purchased as gifts, American Tech Depot will issue you a refund in the form of store credit.
For products that are eligible for return for replacement, the product may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. We do not allow exchanges or returns for replacements for different items. If you would like to receive a different item, you would need to return the original item for a refund, in accordance with the Return Policy and then purchase the item you would like to receive instead of the original item.
If American Tech Depot no longer carries an item that is sent in for replacement, or if that item is simply out of stock, American Tech Depot will issue you a refund.
Product Return Procedures
To return a product to American Tech Depot, you must obtain an RMA number within the applicable return period for the product (described above). American Tech Depot will not accept returns without prior authorization and a RMA number. Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for 15 days within which time returned products must be received by American Tech Depot. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued. Customer should prominently display the RMA number(s) on the shipping label as well as the RMA invoice on the box(s) containing the returned product.
Customer is solely responsible for shipping any returned product to American Tech Depot. Customer agrees to use only reputable carriers capable of providing proof of delivery and insurance for the entire value of the shipment. Customer agrees to bear all shipping and insurance charges and all risk of loss for the return product during shipment. Customer agrees that all returned products will be 100% complete, in re-sealable condition, and will include the original packaging material, manuals, blank warranty cards, and other accessories provided by the manufacturer. If any component of the returned product is missing, American Tech Depot's Return Procedure will be breached and American Tech Depot may in its sole and absolute discretion reject the entire return or choose to impose additional charges against the customer for replacement of the missing component(s). American Tech Depot will not refund the original shipping charges to the Customer. In addition, American Tech Depot may assess a 15%-20% restocking fee against the Customer’s account or deduct the fee from the refund amount on all returns, subject to the Return Policy and any product-specific policy. American Tech Depot reserves the right to adjust the value of any item returned for refund to reflect its current market price, in which case the 15%-20% restocking fee will be applied after this adjustment.
The return must be properly packaged to protect against damage in transit. Please note that any damage caused by mishandling, improper installation or product defacement will result in your return being denied and the product being returned to you.
Please allow 3-5 business days for your return to process after being received. For returns for laptops, notebooks, desktops, or table PCs, please allow 7-10 business days for your return to process after being received. Due to item availability, some repair/replacement returns may be delayed or changed to refund.
American Tech Depot does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at the returns address destination. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, American Tech Depot does not take title to the refunded item.
Original Shipping Charges
Your original shipping fees are non-refundable. Your original shipping charges are paid for the services provided by and to the original carrier, and will not be refunded to if your item is returned.
We do not cross-ship. Returns must be received, inspected and approved before we ship a replacement.
Refused shipments are treated like regular returns and may be charged a non-refundable 15%-20% restocking fee.
Nothing in this Return Policy limits your rights and remedies under any law.