The Micron© 5300 SSD is available in models that include Micron's solid, secure firmware features plus 256-bit hardware encryption that follows the Trusted Computing Group's Security Subsystem Class (SSC) Enterprise specification for storage devices for servers, data centers and enterprise applications.
The Micron 5300 self-encrypting drive, or "SED," supports three modes of encryption protection, each operating with the drive's on-board AES-256 encryption engine:
- TCG Enterprise: Provides a higher level of security and manageability than ATA Security. It supports the industry standard from TCG, with the capability to manage multiple passwords and encryption keys for each drive.
- TCG Opal: Supports pre-boot authentication (OS-range unlocking for boot-up) and other TCG Opal-specific features.
- ATA Security: Provides basic protection by locking access to the drive using the ATA password, most frequently set and managed by the host system BIOS or UEFI.
- Store as many documents, pictures and videos as you need with 1.88 TB capacity
- 256-bit AES encryption to protect your precious and valuable data from unauthorized access
- The high-read speed of 540 MB/s maximizes system performance and saves time while you are doing complex tasks
- With the high-write speed of 520 MB/s, get a quick response when updating or transferring files
- Have data stored faster with SATA/600 interface that optimizes burst performance