This multiport PCI RS232 serial adapter card lets you add two RS232 (DB9) serial ports to your computer through a PCI slot, as if they were native serial ports. The dual port PCI serial card enables you to interact with serial devices, such as card readers, printers, PIN pads, and modems, at speeds of up to 115.2Kbps.
With broad OS support, including for Windows (7 and up), and Linux (2.6.x to 5.x LTS versions only), this 2 port PCI serial card is easy to integrate into mixed environments. The card comes pre-configured with a full-profile bracket, and includes optional low-profile brackets, so installation is easy regardless of the case form factor. This card is a direct replacement for PCI2S550_LP and PCI2S550.
Experience Optimal Technology
This PCI to serial adapter supports the following features:
- Industry standard 16C550 UART compatible
- Supports baud rate up-to 115.2Kbps
- 256-byte depth FIFO cache per transmitter and receiver
- Supports 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 data bits (one per port)
- Asix MCS9865 chipset
- Low and full-profile brackets included
PCI2S5502 is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty with free 24/5 multi-lingual North American based technical support. StarTech.com has been the IT professionals' choice for over 30 years.
- 2 PORT PCI RS232 SERIAL ADAPTER CARD: Controller card w/ 16C550 UART based on ASIX MCS9865, 2x DB9 ports w/bi-directional RS232 speeds up to 115.2Kbps/port, 256 byte FIFO buffer & 9th data bit
- Upgraded version of our popular cards PCI2S550_LP & PCI2S550
- TECH SPECS: Speeds up to 115.2Kbps
- 16C550 UART
- 256 byte FIFO buffer
- 5,6,7,8 and 9 bit character
- Even, Odd, No, Space or Mark Parity
- Auto IRQ & IO assignment
- Supports IRQ Sharing
- ASIX MCS9865 Chip
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS: Dual Serial Port PCI Card for PCI desktops/servers used in point of sale terminals, PLCs, CNC Machines, control/automation in factories, scientific sensors, medical equipment, scanners, oscilloscope
- STANDARD PROFILE & LOW PROFILE BRACKET: PCI multiport serial COM card installs using 1x standard bracket (pre-installed) or 2x low profile brackets (incl); Supports Windows 7 and up, Linux 2.6.x to 5.x
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; PCI RS-232 Serial expansion card is backed for life by StarTech.com, incl. free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support