Encased in an IP30-rated enclosure, the converter's been put through some of the most exacting tests in the industry. The high-grade converter meets the requirements of two standards that make it suitable for electrical substation installations-IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613-specifications that are more stringent than NEMA TS1/TS2 requirements for transportation applications.
Plus, as a fiber-based conversion and extension device, it's inherently immune to electromagnetic and radio-frequency interference (EMI/RFI) as it uses the optical cable to extend RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 serial data as far as 15 kilometers (9.3 mi.).
- Supports fiber ring communications with 31 other units
- Designed to withstand both shock and vibration
- Boasts 2-kV triple isolation for safeguarding data and equipment
- Tolerates temperatures ranging from -30 to +185� F (-40 to +85� C).
- Rugged, IP30-rated metal case for panel mounting.
- Converts serial signals for single mode fiber transmission up to 15 kilometers (9.3 mi.)
- A heavy-duty, industrial-strength serial-to-fiber converter