Use our Modem Splitter to connect three terminals to one modem and save money - you won't need extra modems and extra lines!
No special cables are needed. It uses ordinary straight-pinned cables for a hookup, and includes a 6-ft. DB25 male/DB25 female extension cable and a serial DB9 female/DB25 male AT adapter.
The Modem Splitter is transparent to speed and protocol and works equally well in sync and async environments.
The TL073A-R4 includes (1) modem splitter, (1) 6-ft. DB25 male/DB25 female extension cable, and (1) serial DB9 female/DB25 male AT adapter.
A 6-Port Modem Splitter is also available. See "Similar Products."
- Only one SLAVE port may transmit data to the MASTER port at any one time, Pin 2 on the three SLAVE ports are not tied in common and are isolated from each other by an OR gate.
- Data coming into the MASTER port on pin 3 of the RS232 DB25 Passive Splitter goes to all three Slave ports since they are all tied common.
- The total combined length of all cables connected to the unit should be less than 50 feet (15.2 m).
- Signals present on the PORT connectors at pins 2, 4, and 20 are passively stored and sent to the corresponding pins on the MASTER connector.
- Signals present on the MASTER connector at pins 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 15, and 17 are sent to the corresponding pins on each of the PORT connectors.
- MASTER port is configured DTE and PORTS 1-3 are configured DCE