Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an active USB extension cable from Monoprice!
This is a bus-powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device without any signal loss or potential performance problems. It contains active electronics, which boost the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances.
The cable can be operated as self-powered extender, for use with USB cameras? printers? webcams? keyboard/mouse, etc. The optional application of DC power (via the DC power jack, use PID 2220 ) is designed for devices which need much power, such as USB hard drives, active hubs, high-power wifi networking devices? etc.
It is a true plug-and-play device. No additional drivers are required. It supports Windows® 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac® OS X® v10.0 or higher, and Linux. It can also be used with many types of USB devices, including the Xbox® Kinect®* and the Eye of the PS3® Move!
- USB A male to A female extension
- Gold-plated connectors
- 26/22 AWG conductors
- Compliant with USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) standard
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 standards
- Active USB extension cable
- Ensures good signal quality to meet USB 2.0 specification
- Extends USB signal up to 25 meters (82 feet)
- Operating temperature range from +32 ~ +176°F (0 ~ +80°C)
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux
- Allows easy connection between devices and helps transfer data quickly with accuracy
- With USB port, enjoy the plug-and-play facility
- Features Active