Businesses need to be ready for future expansion: with incoming new multispeed devices, their wired network needs to expand its reach and scope to support speeds greater than 1 Gigabit. The IEEE 802.3bz standard paved the way for new 2.5 Gigabit and 5 Gigabit speeds in addition to legacy 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit per second. New servers, workstations, storage devices, and motherboards are coming with 802.3bz (NBASE-T) Multi-Gigabit Ethernet for 2.5X to 5X faster speeds up to 100 meters (323 feet) on legacy CAT5e / CAT6 cables.
That is why NETGEAR launched its new Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Pro Switches with 10G Copper/Fiber Uplinks. Each port automatically detects which speed is needed by the connected device and provides the adequate speed. As opposed to regular 10-Gigabit switches that will only provide 1-Gigabit connectivity to any device that require less than 10-Gigabit, the MS510TX and MS510TXPP give the exact speed required, with no downgrade. Also, the new NETGEAR Multi-Gigabit switch ports can connect regular CAT5e Ethernet cables, without the need to upgrade to CAT6 wiring, therefore reducing wiring costs and hassle.
Access, Aggregation or Collapsed Core: You can now have your PCs, printers and routers/firewalls connected at 1G and aggregate Multi-Gigabit Ethernet new devices on the same switch, all line-rate. 10G copper and fiber ports are ready for local servers and storage, or high-speed aggregation to your network core.
- MS510TXPP: 180W PoE budget available across 8 Gigabit and Multi-Gigabit PoE+ ports (802.3at)
- Multi-Gigabit, multi-speed ports to connect any type of device to a single switch
- Quiet desktop operation or rack mounting with 21dB (MS510TX) or 28.8dB max (MS510TXPP) at 25°C (77°F) ambient
- Layer 3 static routing with 32 routes (IPv4 and IPv6) for interVLAN local routing
- Non-blocking 78Gbps fabric for 2x5Gbps+ 2x2.5Gbps+4x1Gbps+2x10Gbps full duplex switching and routing
- Advanced VLAN support for better network segmentation
- L2/L3/L4 access control lists (ACLs) for granular network access control including 802.1x port authentication
- MS510TXPP: Advanced per port PoE controls for remote power management of PoE connected devices including operation scheduling (e.g. Wireless APs, IP security cameras, LED lighting, secure access door locks, IoT devices...)
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) for traffic prioritization including port-based, 802.1p and L2/L3/L4 DSCP-based
- Auto "denial-of-service" (DoS) prevention