The WAX610 supports the next generation WiFi 6 smart phones, IoT devices, and notebook computers, delivering up to 40% more throughput to each individual device in the 5GHz band and 70% more throughput in the 2.4GHz band, compared to the previous generation equivalent model; provides 4x the client device connection, allowing businesses to serve more customers with better speed and less congestion.
The WAX610 is ideal in high density client device environments such as schools, hotels, restaurants and conference centers, and provides enterprise grade WiFi network security. With Insight management, WAX610 works seamlessly with your current NETGEAR Insight managed switches, WiFi access points and network storage, and is compatible with previous generation WiFi devices (WiFi 5 802.11ac for example) and WiFi Access Points.
Enjoy a 1-Year Insight subscription included with WAX610 and WAX610Y.
In the past several years, the WiFi industry has made progress in increasing speeds by leaps and bounds. However, capacity continues to be a challenge, namely, supporting a large number of concurrent users. This requirement is particularly acute for businesses, where very high throughput to each individual device may not be the paramount requirement. Rather, it is providing network connectivity to a large number of client devices, with good throughput, stable connection, and robust responses to environmental changes that is most important.
With the updated WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology such as OFDMA, upstream and downstream MU-MIMO, and increased speeds, coverage, and capacity, you can feel confident that you're getting the highest performance WiFi that's set for years to come! Plus the assurance that you can now add more connected devices on your business WiFi network without any slowdowns or blind spots.
The WAX610, a WiFi 6 Business Access Point, combined with Insight, helps small and medium businesses with an easy way to manage their network without an IT expert, providing great WiFi connection
leaving each of their customers satisfied as a network user. NETGEAR empowers businesses with an all new WiFi 6 Business Access Point for high performance and high coverage for the years to come.
The WAX610Y is the outdoor version of the WAX610. WAX610Y is waterproof and dust proof protected by a P2i nano-coating and meets the IP55 rating to withstand the rain and outdoor atmosphere.
Business Features for higher speed, greater coverage and higher density WiFi
- Business class WiFi based on next generation 802.11ax WiFi 6 technology on both 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Backward compatible to 802.11b/g/ n/a/ac
- Dual band 2x2 (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) 4 streams of data for an aggregate throughput of up to 1.8Gbps
- Instant WiFi Mesh forming wireless backhaul with other WAX610, WAX610Y, WAC540 or WC564 units to form a WiFi mesh network
- 40% more throughput in 2-stream 5.0GHz band and 70% more throughput in 2-stream 2.4GHz band compared to previous generation
- 4 times more client device supported
- Enterprise security and Enhanced Open security, such as WAP3, WPA Enterprise, 8x SSID and VLAN
- Basic Service Set Coloring (BSS Coloring) enabling significant improvement in radio frequency channel effeciency and reduction of interference
- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allowing simultaneous services to multiple devices in the same channel thus improving bandwidth efficiency and reducing latency