Not Just a Thunderbolt 3 Cable
Thunderbolt 3 brings data transfers at speeds up to 40Gbps over USB-C, enabling a superset of standard USB-C to truly become one compact port that does it all-delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device.
For the first time, one port can connect numerous Thunderbolt devices, any display, and billions of USB devices (additional adapters may be required). Thunderbolt 3 cables are primarily used for connecting docking stations, high performance data storage solutions, peer-to-peer networking, and more.
Note: This cable is incompatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge and other (non USB-IF Power Delivery) "Fast Charge" technologies.
The Plugable TBT3-40G80CM cable is foremost designed as a Thunderbolt 3 cable, but it is also a universal USB-C cable for use with USB-C computers, phones, tablets, docking stations, accessories, and more. It supports all USB-C cable features, including USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 data lines, wire gauge supporting up to 5A charging via the USB-IF PD (Power Delivery) standard 100W max (5V-20V), and support for reporting its capabilities as an electronically marked cable.
A Cable That Does It All
- 1.6ft/0.8m long
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3
- Dual 4K 60Hz video output or single 5K outputs
- Thunderbolt 3 peer-to-peer 10Gbps networking
- Supports up to 5Gbps transfer over USB-C 3.0 hosts and devices
- Wire gauge and electronic marking support up to 5A charging (5V-20V, 100W max)
- Cable supports previous USB generations such as USB 1.1, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0
Massive 40Gbps Bandwidth
Because the cable is designed for Thunderbolt 3, it is also capable of supporting data transfer speeds four times as fast as standard USB-C cables. The available 40Gbps bandwidth allows for dual 4K 60Hz video outputs (or a single 5K output) and up to 100W (20V, 5A) capabilities when used with compatible systems and Thunderbolt 3 accessories. Please note for USB-C usage this cable is limited to USB-C 3.0 (5Gbps).
- MORE POSSIBILITIES-Thunderbolt 3 cable with 40Gbps speed and USB 3.0 5Gbps compatibility. Supports data transfer 2x faster than standard USB-C cables. Depending on host, up to 2x 4K 60Hz or 1x 5K 60Hz displays supported, and up to 20V, 5A charging
- HIGH PRODUCTIVITY-Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices including docking stations, external graphics cards, and displays. 40Gbps speed cables are suitable for eGPU and dual 4K display scenarios. Thunderbolt 3 peer-to-peer 10Gbps networking supported
- APPLE NOTES-Thunderbolt 3 uses the USB-C connector built into late 2016 MacBook Pros and newer models. This connector will not physically fit into Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 ports found on previous generation Mac systems
- COMPATIBILITY-Thunderbolt, USB and DisplayPort Alt Mode compatible. Compatible with your Thunderbolt 3 enabled Mac and Thunderbolt 3 Windows PCs, and non-Thunderbolt USB-C systems. Incompatible with QC 3.0 and other non USB-compliant technologies
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support