This audio adapter really shines with custom Linux development boards like the Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone Black, and other unique scenarios such as a "Hackintosh" setup where the on-board audio devices do not have Mac drivers.
No drivers necessary. Compatible with any standard USB Audio Class enabled system including Windows XP - 11, Linux, Mac OS X and Chromebook.
The USB Type A connection gets plugged into the computer and you gain one 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) stereo output jack and one 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) stereo microphone input jack.
The USB-AUDIO is USB bus powered, so no external power is needed.
If the microphone does not seem to work and you have a TS microphone, a 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) mono to stereo adapter is necessary to adapt the microphone from TS to TRS.
Most operating systems support multiple audio outputs, but only allow a single one to be enabled at a time. So, this manual step of selecting the right audio output from the operating system's built-in audio control panel is essential.
- CONVENIENT AUDIO - Enable USB connectivity with your existing 3.5mm audio headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone with this USB to Audio Jack Adapter
- GREAT REPLACEMENT - Perfect for bypassing a faulty usb sound card, audio port, or as a replacement for a broken USB audio adapter
- ALWAYS READY - Leave connected to a USB hub or dock to avoid unplugging. Lightweight, compact, and constructed of durable aluminum in a black finish
- EASY INSTALL - No additional drivers necessary, plug-and-play on many devices. Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, and XP, Linux, macOS, and Chromebooks. Not compatible with USB ports on car audio systems. Not suggested as a microphone adapter for lapel microphones
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support