The Plugable USBC-TE1000 is an easy way to gain wired gigabit network speeds for faster HD video streaming, gaming, web browsing, network storage and more.
Common uses include adding wired gigabit network support to Laptops, UltraBooks, or notebooks with no Ethernet connection, or replacing or upgrading network adapters in desktop PCs. USB network adapters can improve speeds vs. older 10/100 adapters and wireless networks. Also useful for adding network interfaces, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet. This product is NOT a solution for connecting a USB device like a printer to a network.
Plug into any laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit Ethernet network. USB 3.0 systems support theoretical speeds up to 5Gbps and USB 2.0 supports up to 480Mbps. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbps Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbps Gigabit ethernet via USB 2.0, and could see more than twice that gain on USB 3.0. Also works on 10/100 Ethernet networks at their native speeds.
Supports 4K Jumbo Frames, IPv4/IPv6 checksum offload engine, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet.
Not compatible with Android, Tivo, Nintendo Switch, or other non-PC/Mac platforms
Microsoft signed 32/64-bit drivers for Windows 11, 10, 8/8.1, and 7, macOS 10.6 and later, Linux kernels 3.9 and later include driver.
In The Box
Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (female RJ45 jack) with USB-C connection.
- FAST GIGABIT SPEED - This USB C ethernet adapter adds a wired Gigabit Ethernet port to your USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 systems. Faster and more reliable than wi-fi connections up to 1Gbps (10/100/1000Mbps). Link and Activity LEDs
- PLUG AND PLAY - RJ45 to USB-C cable offers automatic plug-and-play installation with no additional download needed on Windows 11, and 10, macOS, and ChromeOS. Powered by the Realtek RTL8153 chipset for proven, best-in-class compatibility
- SMALL AND FLEXIBLE - Small, lightweight Thunderbolt 3 to ethernet adapter is perfect for travel and constructed with cutting edge materials including a flat, flexible printed circuit cable, providing durability while accommodating any workspace
- COMPATIBILITY - Great fit for USB-C Macbook Pro, Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, macOS, Dell XPS, fully compatible with Thunderbolt 3, and MacBook Air. Not compatible with gaming consoles or USB-C phones. Driverless installation in most modern Operating Systems
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support