This MST hub lets you connect four monitors to your Mini DisplayPort™ (mDP) 1.2 equipped Windows® tablet, laptop or desktop.
Increase productivity with multiple screens
The newest generations of computers are more portable than ever, which often means that you're left with fewer video outputs and smaller integrated screens. ThisMST hubsolves both of these problems by letting you connect four additional displays to your computer, which makes multitasking much easier.
Connect to any display
With the MST hub, you can use Mini DisplayPort video adapters and cable adapters that enable you to connect HDMI, VGA or DVI displays. This ensures that your MST hub will be compatible with virtually any television, monitor or projector. The hub is VESA and DisplayPort certified to support DP 1.2 enabled systems, for seamless integration with your existing video equipment.
Configure your displays for any environment
Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display, giving you the freedom to multitask and increase your productivity. You can also mirror the same image onto multiple displaysfor remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
Enjoy amazing video quality, without draining system resources
MST technology uses your existing video card to minimize the use of system resources while delivering Ultra HD 4K resolutions. This unprecedented performance makes MST perfect for high-resolution applications such as graphic design, gaming and medical imaging.
Note: When usinga DisplayPort 1.1 video card the MSTMDP124DP will act as a splitter, automatically mirroring your video source across all displays. Resolution limitations apply.
The MSTMDP124DP supports plug-and-play installation for a hassle-free setup, and is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Notes: MST shares 21.6 Gbps across all attached displays. Higher resolutions can restrict the available bandwidth with the remaining ports, please see our guideline below for determining an ideal resolution for your setup.Certain graphics adapters have limited MST support and will only output to three displays in total. If more than three monitors are attached, the fourth will be disabled.
The Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and Surface Bookonly supportthe use of three displays in total. If this device is used with the Surface Pro 3,andthree externalmonitors, the built-in touch screen on your Surface will be disabled.
Average resolution bandwidth allocation
1920x1080 (High-definition 1080p) @60hz - 22% 1920x1200 @60hz - 30% 2560x1440 @60hz - 35% 2560x1600 @60hz - 38% 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K) @30hz - 38%
Note: Exceeding 100% will reduce functionality.
Examples of supported resolution configurations
Screen 1 Resolution
Screen 2 Resolution
Screen 3 Resolution
Screen 4 Resolution
Total % of Bandwidth
- GPU CAPABILITIES: Please check your system's GPU capabilities to determine max number of displays supported; Some GPU chips (such as Intel HD Graphics) are not capable of supporting four displays
- CONVENIENCE: MST (multi-stream transport) hub is equipped with a built-in 7.5" (19cm) cable for video (Mini DisplayPort) and an AC power adapter
- Supports LPCM digital audio
- EASY TO USE: Multiple monitor adapter natively supports Quad DP screens; Works w/ Windows only and provides an easy driverless setup
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY: Increase productivity by extending your desktop at your workstation in the office/home office
- MST technology uses your GPU/video card performance to deliver uncompressed video and use minimal system resources
- COMPATIBILITY: 4-Port Mini DP to DisplayPort MST video splitter works with laptops, computers or desktop graphics cards
- Requires host system with DP 1.2/HBR2/MST or later from HP, Dell & Lenovo and AMD, Nvidia & Intel video cards
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: Quad monitor mDP to DP MST hub supports HD resolutions up to 1080p 60Hz on all four monitors
- MULTI MONITOR ADAPTER FOR WINDOWS: 4-port Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort MST hub drives up to four DP displays in extended or duplicate mode using a Mini DP port on Windows desktop PCs or laptops
- Not compatible with macOS