The SV831DUSB 8 Port 1U Rack Mount USB PS/2 KVM Switch with OSD offers a dependable computer management tool that allows you to control up to 8 USB or PS/2 connected computers from a single keyboard, mouse and monitor.
The KVM switch offers maximum control, allowing you to switch computers using hotkey commands or front panel push-buttons, and offers the added convenience of an On Screen Display to quickly access configuration options.
A suitable addition to server room operations, the 8 port switch can be rack-mounted into 1U of cabinet space, and can be cascaded with multiple KVM switches to deliver control of up to 56 computers from this single switch.
This high quality USB PS/2 KVM Switch is TAA compliant and backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty with free lifetime technical support.
The SV831DUSB onlyworks with specific 2-in-1 VGA and USB cables (soldseparately), a list ofStarTech.com approved cables are below:
6ft Ultra Thin USB VGA 2-in-1 KVM Cable 6ft Ultra Thin USB VGA 2-in-1 KVM Cable 10 ft Ultra Thin USB VGA 2-in-1 KVM Cable 15ft Ultra Thin USB VGA 2-in-1 KVM Cable
- OSD security option allows selected PCs to be password protected from unauthorized use
- USB & PS2 console interfaces for keyboard and mouse
- Front panel push-buttons and Hot-key functions allow for easy switching
- On Screen Display (OSD) supports naming connected computers
- Auto-scan function cycles through computers sequentially
- Cascade configuration expands system capability
- Connect USB and PS/2 based computer systems
- OS independent ? No software or drivers required