Extend your GbE network cost-effectively
The fiber media converter offers a cost-effective way to transparently convert copper to fiber, or fiber to copper, for connecting remote sub-networks to larger fiber-optic networks. Providing both SC fiber and RJ45 Ethernet ports, it integrates easily into a wide range of Gigabit Ethernetnetwork infrastructures.The RJ45 port supports triple-speed (10/100/1000 BASE-T) auto-negotiation.
Reliable and scalable network connectivity
Supporting a maximum multimode fiber-optic cable distance of 550 meters (0.34 miles), the media converter delivers a simple and reliable solution for connecting Gigabit Ethernet networks to remote locations over multimode fiber, while ensuring solid network performance. It provides optimum network scalability for connecting two or more Ethernet network nodes, for instance, connecting two buildings on the same campus or facility. The media converter also offers high-speed bandwidth to meet the increasing demands of large-scale workgroups that require expansion of a Gigabit Ethernet network.
The MCMGBSCMM055 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Converts and extends a Gigabit Ethernet fiber (1000Mbps) network over multimode fiber on 1000BASE-SX networks
- Provides a cost-effective Ethernet to fiber/copper to fiber link
- Supports a maximum distance of 550 m over multimode fiber-optic cable (SC connection)
- Compact design and wall mountable
- Non-blocking full wire-speed forwarding rate
- Provides DIP switch supporting Link Fault Pass-through function
- LED Indicators for simple Ethernet/fiber network link monitoring
- 850 nm wavelength
- Supports IEEE 802.1q Tag VLAN pass-through