This 2-port SATA III (6Gbps) controller enables you to add two SATA 6Gbps Hard Drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs) to your computer system or server via an available PCIe x1 card slot. The card supports SATA III and PCI-Express 2.0 Specifications.
ASM1061 to Deliver 2-Port SATA 6Gbps Performance
Featuring the ASM1061 controller, this SATA card enables the connection of two high-performance SATA 6Gbps drives with a combined total throughput of up to 4Gbps. The SATA drives are connected via two individual SATA ports located on the card (SATA cables sold separately).
The controller card is widely supported across all popular operating system platforms including Windows (7, 8, 10, 11), macOS (10.6.8 and above) and Linux (2.6.32 and above). The card also supports port multiplier, giving you the ability to connect multiple drives to a single SATA port (additional hardware required, sold separately).
To further improve motherboard compatibility the card does not have a built-in RAID controller, but fully supports the use of software RAID. Plus, with support for PCIe 2.0 and SATA III Specifications this card ensures backward compatibility with previous generations (SATA I/II, PCIe 1) at lower performance.
The SATA controller card features plug-and-play installation and can be installed in a full-profile or low-profile computer systems with the full-profile bracket preinstalled, and an interchangeable low-profile (half-height) bracket included. The card also supports storage software data management systems such as Storage Spaces (Microsoft), RAID Assistant (MacOS) and mdraid/mdadm (Linux), for hassle-free setup, partitioning and software RAID array building.
2P6G-PCIE-SATA-CARD is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime 24/5 North American based, multi-lingual support.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: Add two SATA III 6Gbps ports to your desktop computer or server using a PCIe x1 slot to connect SATA drives (HDD/SSD); 2-Port SATA PCIe card features 2x SATA connections for connecting drives using SATA cables (sold separately)
- ASM1061 CONTROLLER: This PCI Express SATA 3 6Gbps card features single-chip architecture adding two SATA (serial ATA) 6Gbps ports via a single x1 PCIe slot, combined total bandwidth up to 4Gbps; Supports Port Multiplier & NCQ (Native Command Queue)
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports PCIe 2.0, SATA 3.2 & AHCI 1.4 Specs, and previous gens at lower performance; Windows (7+), macOS (10.6.8+), Linux (2.6.32+); Improved motherboard compatibility with no built-in RAID; Supports ATA & ATAPI (HDD, SSD, Optical Disc)
- EASY INSTALL: Expansion card w/ plug-and-play setup in full or low-profile PCI-e slot (full-profile bracket installed, low-profile incl); Supports storage management systems such as Storage Spaces (Microsoft), RAID Assistant (macOS), mdraid/mdadm (Linux)
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; This SATA PCIe adapter controller card converter is backed for life by StarTech.com, including free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support