Fiber-optic SC port
The USB to fiber-optic converter is equipped with an optical transceiver for 1000Base-SX networks, providing network connectivity with a maximum range of 550 m over multimode fiber.
Secure fiber-to-the-desk connectivity
This USB to fiber converter provides reliable connectivity while protecting your network from problems with electronic interference - a common issue with copper Ethernet networks. Fiber-to-the-desk connectivity (FTTD) maximizes network security, reducing the risk of data leaks for sensitive information, without compromising network speed and reliability.
Compact and portable, this USB 3.0 fiber-optic converter is powered directly from the USB port, making it easy to connect when you're on the go.
Plug and play
Get up and running quickly. The converter supports certified drivers for Windows, Mac and Linux®. When you plug the adapter into a USB port, you simply install the drivers and the adapter is ready to transmit over a fiber network.
The US1GA30SXSC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provides a fiber network connection to portable laptops or tablets
- Fiber-to-the-desk connectivity (FTTD) enhances security, reducing the risk of data leaks
- Add a 1000Mbps 1000BaseSX SC Ethernet connection through a USB 3.0 Type-A interface
- Highly portable design, with no need for an external power adapter (bus powered)
- 1000Base-SX 1X9 SC optical transceiver
- 550 m range over multimode fiber