SFP Transceiver Designed for Connection to Your Cisco Network Switch or Server
This SFP transceiver allows you to connect an 8.3/125 singlemode fiber optic cable to a 10/100/1000 Mbps network router, server or switch. It transmits data up to 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) and supports bi-directional Gigabit Ethernet communication up to 1.25 Gbps. The metal housing protects against electromagnetic interference (EMI) and excessive power dissipation.
Functionally Equivalent to Cisco GLC-LH-SMD Transceiver Module
The MSA-compliant N286-01GLCLHSMD functions just like the equivalent Cisco GLC-LH-SMD transceiver module and is manufactured to meet or exceed Cisco specifications. You can use this transceiver with any compatible Cisco router, server or switch and receive the same performance as the GLC-LH-SMD.
Hot-Swappable for Installation Without Network Interruption
This input/output device is fully hot-swappable, so you can install it without a potentially costly 10/100/1000 Mbps network shutdown or device reboot. Just plug the SFP end of the transceiver into your Cisco network device. The other end has an LC duplex connector to link with singlemode fiber optic cable (sold separately). A convenient bail clasp latch helps you carefully remove the module from the device.
Supports Digital Diagnostic Monitoring (DDM) for Real-Time Status Monitoring
DDM support lets you keep track of various operating statuses in real time, including transceiver temperature, input and output power, and supply voltage.
- 3-year limited warranty
- Supports DDM for monitoring temperature and other real-time operating parameters
- Hot-swappable interface lets you install and uninstall without shutting down
- LC duplex female connector supports 1000Base-LX/LH signal at 1310 nm wavelength
- Provides 1 Gbps throughput up to 10 km (6.2 mi.) via singlemode fiber cabling
- SFP transceiver module 100% compatible with Cisco's equivalent module