400 GbE Cable Supports Higher Bandwidths Needed for Next-Generation Data Networking
As the amount of traffic in data networks grows, so does the need for next-gen devices and fiber cables to support higher bandwidths in cloud services, hyperscale data centers, telecom applications and equipment OEM companies. This multimode 50/125 OM4 cable is an ideal choice for 400G Ethernet applications up to 100 meters (328 feet) at 850 nm. It is also backward compatible with 40 Gb and 100 Gb networks, so you can future-proof your current application for an eventual upgrade to 400 Gb.
Switchable LC Connectors Allow Easy Polarity Conversions
The switchable LC duplex connectors on both ends of the cable let you easily switch the fiber polarity without tools or the need to re-terminate the connectors. This can allow for stacked LC adapters, eliminating the need for dual zip cords and reducing overall bulk cabling in high-density situations. Just remove the clipped piece holding the connector ends together on each side, identify the send and receive ends, and switch the polarity of those ends based on your application needs.
Aqua-Colored Jacket Helps Avoid Misidentification That Can Cause Costly Downtime
The OM4-rated cable has an aqua jacket to identify it as multimode in a crowded patch panel or switch and prevent it from becoming accidentally disconnected. The round low-smoke zero-halogen (LSZH) jacket limits the amount of toxic smoke emitted in case of combustion, making it suitable for poorly ventilated areas.
- OM4-rated cable recommended for 400 Gb speeds up to 100 meters (@ 850 nm)
- Switchable connector ends allow polarity conversion without tools or re-termination
- Allows use of stacked LC adapters to increase population density
- Backward compatible with 40/100 Gb networks to facilitate future-proofing
- Aqua LSZH jacket allows fast, easy identification in a crowded switch or patch panel