Connects a Barcode Scanner or Other DTE Serial Device to Your Computer's USB-A Port
This five-foot serial RS232 to USB adapter cable turns your computer's USB port into an RS232 serial port and avoids the expense of upgrading your reliable serial devices. No external power source is needed. Just connect the cable to your computer and insert the included CD into your computer's CD drive in order to launch the driver and assign the cable a COM port. It supports USB 2.0 specifications and data transfer speeds up to 230 Kbps, which is almost twice as fast as a built-in serial port. It is backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices.
COM Retention Feature for Convenient Reassigning of COM Values to Ports
The hot-swappable RS232-port-to-USB adapter with built-in FTDI chipset offers COM retention. It automatically reassigns the same COM port values to each port, so when the cable is disconnected or the system is rebooted, no additional configuration is needed. The cable also supports remote wake-up and power management.
Double Shielding Protects Your Data from Destructive Line Noise
Foil and braid shielding helps fight against electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) that impedes your signal and can distort or destroy data. The auto-sensing feature solves DCE/DTE conflicts without the need for cross-wired serial cables or adapters.
The U209-005-COM is backed by a 3-year warranty, ensuring reliability and performance.
- Supports data transfer speeds up to 230 Kbps-double the speed of a built-in serial port
- Automatically reassigns COM values to each port to avoid additional configuration
- USB-powered, so no bulky or obtrusive external power supply is required
- Double shielding protects against EMI/RFI line noise that can distort or destroy data
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux-works with most computers